Hello, and welcome to the first post of yet another iteration of the willemw.be blog!
This isn't the first time I've started a blog, but something always went wrong before:
- Wordpress is fine, but I use it quite often for work already. No time and courage to build another backend just for a small blog.
- So much spam in comments.
- Loss of focus.
- No audience.
However, since I've found myself wanting to write a bit more, I've decided to give this one more try. After all, all these problems are easily solvable:
- Build something very quickly using markdown for writing and handlebars for theming. Just static stuff, so no backend.
- No comments. We can use twitter et all for commenting. Maybe later.
- Get over yourself. Not every post has to be a modern literary masterpiece.
- I'm my own audience. I often find myself looking back at old code where I know I already fixed a problem or figured something out. Might as well put stuff like that on the blog.
Some minimalistic css on top, and off we go.